Wednesday, June 6, 2012

11 going on 2

Why is it that my 11 (almost 12) year old son acts worse than my 4 year old son? I am trying to get him ready for his 1st boy scout camp and all I hear is complaining, whining and rudeness!? Oh it just gives me a headache. I am at my wits end with this behavior.  Something has got to give.  It has been going on for far too long now.  We came straight back from a trip to the store without buying one darn thing on our long list because of his behavior.  Right now as a punishment he will be spending time in his room.  I have a few things that we are going to start doing this summer to rememdy this, but I am open for suggestions too!

One of the things that I told him will happen, is that I will not sign him up for anything else.  If he wants to participate then he will have to be the one to take the responsiblity.  I refuse to hear complaints about how he doesn't want to do it again.  It is time that he takes that responsibility and has no one to blame but him.  I love him dearly, but I know that I can not tolerate this any longer.  I want my child to be kind and helpful, not whiny and rude!!!

1 comment:

linda t said...

Oh Brandi, praying this hard pre-teen stage doesn't last long. And also praying God will give you & Aaron wisdom, understanding and a united front.
The only verse we ever had our kids memorize and recite often was ~ Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God in Christ has forgiven you ~ Eph. 4:32
You are doing it right Brandi, letting him take responsibility and own his choices. So proud of you.