Sunday, September 11, 2011

I remember what I was doing that day

There are certain times in your life that you just don't forget.  Wedding, baby's birth, baptism, May 3 1999 tornado, April 19 1995 and September 11 2001.  

I know exactly what I was doing that morning.  I was getting ready to get my retainer adjusted at the dentist at 9am.  I got up early to eat a good breakfast because I knew that I wouldn't be able to take out the retainer for hours afterward.  My first son was only 14 months old at the time and he was still in bed.  We had plane tickets to go to Wisconsin in about a week.  The phone rang and it was my mother in law telling me to turn on the TV, the world trade center had been struck by airplanes.  I won't forget the feeling I had that day and the sadness for all the people who lost their lives that day.  All flights were canceled, the lines to get gasonline was a mile long, people began lining up to give blood.  It was just crazy.  Our flights to Wisconsin got canceled and we had to drive instead.

No comments: